VOLUSIA ONLINE LEARNING
Eligible students who choose to be full-time virtual students take all of their classes from home rather than the traditional brick and mortar school while residing in Volusia County. The district offers its students a full-time virtual program option for grades K-12 through our partnership with three online providers. Eligible students may apply for full-time virtual instruction during the enrollment period which runs from April 10 - July 8, 2017 and a second enrollment period from July 9 - July 23, 2017. Once admitted, students may receive the use of a computer and assistance toward Internet access if there is none available in the home AND the student qualifies for free/reduced lunch program.
There are state eligibility requirements for all students interested in enrolling in a district VIP, which are summarized below:
- The student spent the prior school year in a Florida public school and was reported for funding in the October and February FEFP surveys; or,
- The student is a military dependent who was transferred within the last 12 months to Florida; or,
- The student was enrolled in a virtual full-time public school program the previous year; or,
- The student has a sibling currently enrolled in a virtual instruction program and was also enrolled at the end of the previous year; or,
- The student is eligible to enter kindergarten or first grade.
- Students in grades 2-5 may enroll in one of the full-time virtual education options.
PARENT/STUDENT COMMITMENT TO A FULL-TIME VIRTUAL PROGRAM
Parents must take on the role of "instructional coach" which includes:
- daily monitoring of their student’s assignments and assessments
- daily monitoring and recording of attendance
- communicating regularly with virtual teachers and staff to arrange for MANDATORY district and state testing and other educational requirements
Students must be independent learners who take responsibility for:
- logging in to course and completion of activities daily
- submitting assignments and completing assessments in a timely manner
- adhering to academic integrity policy for online coursework
CHOOSING A PROVIDER
Volusia Online Learning offers three virtual school options to provide content and instruction for district students wishing to enroll in full-time virtual school. Click on the icons below to learn more about each provider. Once you choose your full time provider, please click the "Apply to Full Time Virtual Now" button to begin the enrollment process during open enrollment.